- The Luhr-Jensen Hot Shot Side Planer is a planer board designed to be used with salmon and steelhead fishing plugs
- Allows boat anglers to present their baits and lures far out from the side of the boat.
- Buoyant body, adjustable trip mechanism, and movable rudder.
- No extra rod or mount required for operation.
- Can even be used from shore to allow bank-bound anglers to back-troll like drift boaters.
The Luhr-Jensen Hot Shot Side Planer is a planer board designed to be used with salmon and steelhead fishing plugs like the Luhr-Jensen Hot Shot or Storm Wiggle Wart. This ingenious surface planer incorporates a buoyant body, adjustable trip mechanism and movable rudder to allow trolling anglers to present baits far to the side of the boat and shore-bound anglers the ability to "back-troll" river runs just like boaters do. The Hot Shot Side Planer does not require an extra rod, or boat mount to operate. It rigs on the same rod as the lure being fished and combines with the venerable Hot Shot to form an exceptionally productive system.