Luhr-Jensen Hot Shot Diving Plug
Want to know when this is available? Sign up for our in-stock alert.
- Luhr -Jensen Hot Shots are self-planing, diving plugs designed with a built-in deep-diving planning bill
- Compact body with quick, wide-wobbling, and aggressive action.
- Can be cast, trolled, or back-trolled in rivers and streams.
- Pre-rigged with swivel mounted 2X strong VMC round bend treble hooks.
- Pairs perfectly with the Luhr-Jensen 5640 Hot Shot Side Planer both in a boat and from the shore.
- Available in a range of salmon and steelhead-catchin' colors and 4 sizes, there's also a Size 35 - 2 1/2 inch Rattling Hot Shot.
The Luhr-Jensen Hot Shots are self-planing, diving plugs designed with a built-in deep-diving planning bill which has a maximum depth determined by it speed: the faster they are pulled, the deeper they dive. These lures feature a compact body, premium, 2X strong VMC round bend trebles, and quick, wide-wobbling, and aggressive action. Hot Shots have become a staple of steelhead, trout and salmon anglers alike for their fish-catching action and reliable performance
Before back-trolling in rivers became a widely-recognized and formalized technique, it was often simply referred to as "Hot Shotting," named for this game-changing lure that would forever alter steelhead fishing. With its compact body, deep-diving bill and quick, wide and aggressive action, the Hot Shot has become a staple of steelhead, trout, and salmon anglers alike. While usually backtrolled for river steelhead and salmon, the smaller sizes are outstanding as trolling lures in lakes for trout and kokanee or drift-fished in streams for trout. For lake fishing, fish them behind a lake troll or flat line them far behind the boat. In rivers, cast them cross-current and allow them to swing through likely holding spots on the river.
Each lure can be tuned for maximum success by making small adjustments to the screw-eye line attachment until it runs straight and true (if the lure runs to one side, slightly rotate the top of the screw eye in the opposite direction). In any application, brace yourself for savage strikes. Available in a range of salmon and steelhead-catchin' colors and 4 sizes.