Gerber Controller Fillet Knife
- The Gerber Controller Fillet Knife is a super-sharp fillet knife with a blue grippy handle. Unlike the green Controller, the Blue handled version is protected with Salt Rx for corrosion protection. 3 different blade lengths available 6, 8 and 10 in.
- The Controller Fillet Knife features a Plain (non-serrated) Edge, and flexible Gerber 9Cr18MoV blade to provide a balance between flex and backbone for control.
- Gerber Controller is all about unrivaled Control. The grippy handle is made from Glass-reinforced nylon & TPE (flat sage/black) with a Finger Choil to help guide your smooth cuts, and the Gerber HydroTread Grip is optimal in wet and messy conditions.
- The Gerber Controller Fillet Knife comes with a sheath system that has a built in sharpener to keep your blade sharp, pocket clip, belt loop, and vents to let water and moisture escape, protecting your blade.
- Gerber offers a lifetime limited manufacturer's warranty direct from Gerber to show they stand by the quality and craftsmanship of their products.
Make short work of messy business. The Gerber Controller Fillet Knife is designed for clean, smooth cuts with a flexible blade that provides just the right amount of give. Gerber's intuitive GuideFins & tactile HydroTread Grip offer ultimate control of the knife, even in slippery conditions. Gerber upgraded the Controller Fillet knife with the all new Salt Rx corrosion protection to protect your blade from corrosion and rust caused by salt water, mud and grime, keeping your blade sharper for longer!
Gerber questioned hardcore anglers from across the nation, filtering that feedback into the design of one seriously inspired fillet knife: the Controller. Across different locations and species, one point rang true: an insightful fish fillet knife can make short work of messy business. No matter if you are bank fishing, kayak fishing, fly fishing, or beyond, the Controller Fillet Knife System is the ideal companion for the journey.
What came up fast and often was the need for a dependable steel blade that could take a beating and hold an edge - enter 9Cr steel. Selected specifically for its toughness, corrosion resistance, and edge retention, the blade is also mirror polished for added protection and the ability to clean it easily. The Controller is constructed with a full tang steel blade for sturdy and safe use in slippery situations.
Finding your grip on a wet fish can be tricky, the same shouldn't be said for your fillet knife. On a mountain riverbank, bobbing kayak, or everglade swamp, adventure anglers demand more of the grip on their fillet knife. Built right into the handle itself are the GuideFins which provide solid placement for your thumb and unrivaled control for smooth, safe cuts. The handle design aims for comfort and utility: HydroTread Grip is applied strategically in raised sections for traction and to quickly wick water away when cleaning up for the day.
A crucial part of the fillet knife system, is the Gerber Controller's innovative sheath. Designed with generous venting, the molded plastic sheath doesn't get water logged and is easy to rinse out when the job's done. A built-in sharpener allows for blade touch-ups on-the-go, and it's easily mounted with multiple options for safe stowage on a backpack, belt, or pocket.
Gerber tools are built to last a lifetime. To ensure optimal performance, rinse your tool with fresh water and dry thoroughly with a clean towel. This is the blue handled Gerber Controller knife with the Salt Rx corrosion protection.