- The Daiwa Tanacom 1200 is a big (72 oz) and powerful variable speed power assist electric reel for the big fish! Features automatic stopping and jigging functions and a sealed drag system to prevent saltwater from getting into the precision parts.
- Oversize line guide aperture to clear large knots and kite swivels, Variable-speed Power Lever control. Also has a manual winding option. All new motor placement and gearing system that gives you more power than ever!
- 2.1:1 gear ratio with 50 pounds of maximum drag, can hold up to 1100 yards of 80 pound braid letting you get into the deep water!
- New LCD display reads out in English for easier programming. Has Line Counter and Depth Memory. Also sealed electronics package to keep it safe and clean. Runs off 12 Volt DC power, which is readily available on most offshore boats.
- The Daiwa Tanacom has a washable design to knock that salt off, and is a great reel for deepwater and kite fishing.
- Daiwa Tanacom comes in several sizes: Tanacom 500, Tanacom 750, Tanacom 1000 and Tanacom 1200.
The Daiwa Tanacom family has a new big brother. The all new Daiwa Tanacom 1200 holds and astounding 1,100 yards of 80-pound-test Daiwa J-Braid - that's 220 yards more than the Tanacom 1000. It also has a 30 percent faster retrieval rate at a quick 140m/min, and 20 percent more power with 22lbs of max winding power. Maximum drag pressure has improved, too. Saltwater-sealed, it now stands at a trophy-turning 50 pounds. Kite-fishing fans will also appreciate the over-sized line guide aperture which is big enough to let swivels and large knots pass through, so go ahead and crank that rig right up to your rod tip. Still, the biggest improvement must be the new motor placement and gearing system. Previous Tanacom reels had the motor on the front which was sufficient.
The Tanacom 1200, however, has the motor and new gearing hidden inside the spool itself - and that positioning really makes a difference in this reel's outstanding performance. This new engineering design allows the same dependable motor we've had such great success with to generate even more power, speed and efficiency. Combine that with the rigid frame and side-plates, plus repositioned bearings that see less water exposure, and this reel is ready to rock and roll. It's so fast, powerful, smooth, and saltwater tough that I can even see it pulling double-duty with swordfish, especially considering the outstanding line capacity. All the above changes are significant but big game, canyon and offshore fans will also love the Tanacom 1200's ease of operation.
To that end, you'll find an easy-to-read LED dot screen and sealed electronics package with selectable languages to prompt you through power assist settings and procedures including automatic stop and jigging features. Using the Tanacom 1200, anglers can choose to fight fish with the Power Lever and Aluminum Round Knob or let the 12-volt power variable-speed assist do the heavy hauling. When you're done for the day, simply wash down the reel without worrying about wetting the electronics because they are fully sealed.