Want to know when this is available? Sign up for our in-stock alert.
- The SPRO Fat Papa 55 is a 2 1/5 inch, 1/2 ounce medium diving crankbait that runs between 7 and 9 feet deep.
- Designed by Bassmaster Elite Series angler Russ Lane.
- Tight wiggle action that drives bass crazy in the late fall and early spring.
- Super-loud lead rattle that doubles as a weight transfer system for long casting.
- Pre-rigged with size 4 Gamakatsu trebles.
"I don't want to say the Fat Papa 55's only for early spring and cold water but that's really what I had in mind with this bait," says Lane. The SPRO Fat Papa 55 has a much tighter wiggling action than the Fat Papa 70, and where the Fat Papa 70 is silent, Russ added rattles to the Fat Papa 55. "I think you need rattles in cooler water. I don't know the reason why, but based on experience, I just get a whole lot more bites with rattles in cooler water, and there's often a correlation with cold water fishing being dirtier water," admits Russ.
The lead rattle also serves as a weight transfer system, allowing and the Fat Papa 55 to cast extremely far considering its size, and it helps it dive deeper than other baits in its class as well.
Equipped with super-sharp size 4 Gamakatsu trebles and available in a variety of colors, including some custom colors designed by Russ Lane himself, the SPRO Fat Papa 55 Crankbait may the little brother of the Fat Papa 70, but it isn't little on catching fish.
CA Proposition 65 WARNING