Shimano Tranx 400 Baitcasting Reels
- The Shimano Tranx 400 Baitcasting Reels are a series of power fishing-oriented, deep spool baitcasters that pack a lot of power into a low-profile frame.
- 6-bearing drag system (5BB + 1RB) with a maximum of 22 lbs of drag (5.8:1 model).
- X-Ship technology for more durability.
- Hagane Body for a strong, lightweight body without tilting and any warping.
- S3D, CoreProtect, and HEG.
Note: the 5.8:1 gear ratio Tranx 400 come with a Double Paddle Handle, the 7.6:1 gear ratio models come with a Power Handle.
The Shimano Tranx 400 baitcasting reels are a series of power fishing-oriented, deep spool baitcasters designed for both heavy duty freshwater species such as pike, zander, muskie, and sturgeon and inshore species like redfish, tarpon, and striper. A true powerhouse-of-a-reel, the Shimano Tranx 400 boasts a 6-bearing system with one reverse bearing, and the 5.8:1 gear ratio models can produce a maximum of 22 lbs of drag (18 pounds for 7.6:1 models).
Like all modern Shimano reels, it also feature's Shimano's proprietary Hagane body that assures rugged performance without warping, despite its light weight. Additionally, its fortified with Shimano's newest set of reel technologies: X-Ship technology for more smoothness and durability, S3D for consistent spool control and brake force, and HEG. Be it freshwater or saltwater, the Tranx 400 packs great wonders within its compact profile. This a big bait reel made for catching big fish, grab one ASAP and you'll be saying hello to your new PB in no time!