Want to know when this is available? Sign up for our in-stock alert.
- The Shimano Curado 150 DC Baitcasting Reels are a series of mid-sized baitcasters with a built in microcomputer that carefully and perspicaciously monitors spool speed.
- Won the ICAST 2018 Award for Best of Show Freshwater Reels.
- First affordable DC casting reel on the North American market.
- MicroModule Gearing, SVS Infinity braking system, X-Ship technology, Hagane body, and more.
- Available in 6.2:1, 7.4:1, and 8.5:1 gear ratios in both Left and Right Hand retrieve.
The Shimano Curado 150 DC Baitcasting Reels are a series of mid-sized baitcasters with a built in microcomputer that carefully and perspicaciously monitors spool speed 1000 times per second. While digitally controlled (DC) baitcasters have been a relatively common and established trend in Japan, where recreational fishing is practically the national past time, affordable DC baitcasters have taken longer to hit the land-lubber filled North American market. In fact, this reel is so innovative it recently won the ICAST 2018 Award for Best of Show Freshwater Reels.
But what makes this an award winning reel? What's so fancy about a built in microcomputer? Well, thanks to the DC microcomputer's powerful spool speed analysis and braking technologies, backlash is a thing of the past and long casting light lures is easier than ever before.
Additionally, this reel holds up the renowned Shimano performance standards respected by anglers worldwide for decades with a laundry list of potent technologies and design features that includes: MicroModule Gearing to ensure a frictionless gyration; SVS Infinity braking system for fine-tuning; X-Ship technology for more smoothness and durability; S3D for consistent spool control and brake force; Hagane body for a strong performance without tilting and any warping; and Cross carbon drag.
Available in 6.2:1, 7.4:1, and 8.5:1 gear ratios in both Left and Right Hand retrieve.