Want to know when this is available? Sign up for our in-stock alert.
- The Megbass PopMax is a 3 1/4 inch, 1/2 ounce topwater popper,
- Based on a Yuki Ito hand-carved original.
- Intakes channel water through the gills and out the sides creating a unique action.
- Best used on rocky or riprap banks, over grass beds, or on shallow points early in the morning or as the sun's going down in the evening.
- Pre-rigged with size 4 trebles.
Based on a Yuki Ito hand-carved original, the Megabass PopMax topwater lure ups the ante of the well-respected Pop-X with a larger body and redesigned gill-system. The PopMax features a unique gill system that consists of six water intakes and a water chamber, creating life-like bubbles and chugging-action. The intakes channel water through the gills and out to the sides, creating a unique splashing/chugging action on the surface, while two intakes channel water into the internal chamber and out below the PopMax, generating enticing bubbles and disturbance that will catch the attention of fish.
This system acts like a lip, utilizing the water pressure that is pushed through the lower chamber to keep the lure from skipping across the water, helping to keep the lure grounded so it can be worked faster. In addition, when the lure is paused, water flows out of the chamber, causing the PopMax to raise its head and survey its surroundings. The Megabass PopMax topwater lure can be worked like a conventional popper, and with gentle rod-tip action, the PopMax will roll-walk dynamically, Combining the winning elements of both poppers and dog-walkers. For best results, fish the PopMax around rocky or riprap banks, over grass beds, or on shallow points early in the morning.
CA Proposition 65 WARNING