Want to know when this is available? Sign up for our in-stock alert.
- Luhr-Jensen Crippled Herring Jigging Spoon is a natural-looking but versatile lure that is very attractive to all types of fish worldwide.
- Crinkle finish that gives it a realistic baitfish look.
- This bait is a sight-sound lure which can be vertically jigged, cast and retrieved and even trolled.
- Design imitates an injured baitfish viewed as an easy meal by predator fish.
- Offered in sizes ranging from 1/2 ounce to 5 ounce and is available in a wide range of colors and metal finishes.
The Luhr-Jensen Crippled Herring is a classic metal spoon lure that is arguably one of the most versatile lures ever produced. It can be vertically jigged, cast and retrieved and even trolled for nearly every gamefish in fresh, brackish, and saltwater alike. Its high-action design and flashy movement tap into and take advantage of fish's strong predator instinct, eliciting reaction strike from almost any predator that dares to cross its path. For the greatest success, maximize action by choosing the smallest size that fits your needs.
In combination with a fish finder, the lure can be targeted precisely in vertical jigging applications. Fish the Crippled Herring vertically, with a slow, long upward motion of the rod tip followed by a fast drop of the tip. The lure will most often be taken on the downward fall. Pay attention for taps and hesitations on the fall and set the hook when they happen. In cold water conditions, pause at the bottom of the drop for up to three seconds to connect with lethargic fish. In addition to the pre-rigged inline single, the 1/2 ounce through 1-1/2 ounce sizes include an optional VMC treble hook. While the 2 ounce and up sizes include an option siwash hook.
The Luhr-Jensen Crippled Herring is offered in sizes ranging from 1/2 ounce to 5 ounce and is available in wide range of colors and metal finishes.