Want to know when this is available? Sign up for our in-stock alert.
- The Shimano Aldebaran MGL 50 Baitcasting Reel is the lightest casting reel in the Shimano lineup (4.8 ounces).
- 10-bearing drag system (9BB + 1RB) with a maximum of 10 pounds of drag.
- Magnumlite Spool to lower the moment of inertia and to improve the casting distance by up to 20%.
- Hagane Body for a strong, lightweight body without tilting or warping.
- Cross Carbon Drag, Silent Tune, X-Ship, and Ci4+.
- Available in 6.5:1 and 7.4:1 Gear Ratios in both Right and Left Hand retrieve.
Stuffed with Shimano's latest technologies in a super-compact, lightweight profile, the Shimano Aldebaran MGL 50 Baitcasting Reel is the lightest high-performance reel in the Shimano lineup. It has a 10-bearing drag system (9BB + 1RB) with a maximum of 10 lbs of drag. It boasts the Magnumlite Spool to lower the moment of inertia and to improve the casting distance by up to 20%.
Featuring a Hagane body for strong performance without tilting or warping despite a lightweight body, it's also fortified with Shimano's flagship reel technologies: X-Ship technology for more smoothness and durability, Cross Carbon Drag for a wider set of drag settings, Silent Tune for reduced vibration of the bearings during high-speed rotation, and CI4+ for the ultimate lightweight performance.
Overall, the Aldebaran is a super "finesse-y" baitcasting reel. It's super small and "palmable," is a wonderful caster in presentations ranging from smooth, easy casting motions, to quick, overhead snap casts. When matched with a light, sensitive rod, you can almost fish the Aldebaran MGL as if it was a spinning reel, and can even toss light drop shot rigs, weightless Senkos, or Ned rigs.
The Shimano Aldebaran MGL 50 is available in 6.5:1 and 7.4:1 Gear Ratios in both Left and Right Hand retrieve.
CA Proposition 65 WARNING