Gamakatsu G-Shield Tungsten Flipping Weight
- The Gamakatsu G-Shield Tungsten Flipping Weight is an advanced new tungsten weight designed for flipping baits.
- The G-Shield features a composite insert through the tungsten weight that protects your line from abrasion by passing through the tungsten weight.
- Additionally, the base of the insert on the G-Shield weight is wider, which lets your knots recess into the base of the weight, protecting your knots from abrasions, too.
- Tungsten weights are more dense than lead, letting you get the same weight into a more compact and smaller profile.
- The G-Shield Tungsten Flipping weights come in 6 sizes, with the weight stamped directly into the tungsten. Finished in a matte black non-chip finish.
The G-Shield Tungsten Flipping Weight is an advanced new tungsten weight from Gamakatsu. Gamakatsu, the longtime leader in hooks, has revolutionized the fishing world with ultra-sharp tools for every specialized technique. Now Gamakatsu brings its legendary attention to detail and innovative thinking to the tungsten weight market. The new G-Shield Tungsten Weights are available in standard worm weights, flipping weights and punch weights.
All three versions of the G-Shield weights feature a specially designed composite insert that not only protects an angler's line, but also provides 360 degree protection for the knot. No more breaking off on the hook set or in heavy cover - these are made to eliminate the issues caused by uneven and rough tungsten. Furthermore, the insert is wider at the base than at the insertion hole so the hook eye can recess itself into the weight, thereby creating a more compact, lifelike and snag-resistant offering. All of the styles also come in a chip-proof black matte finish paint job which blends in with plastics and your lure's surroundings to generate more strikes. The weight size is stamped into the side of each weight making it easy to identify when it's time to make a change.
Each shape provides distinct best-in-class advantages. The worm weight is the all-purpose champ, best for casting into light cover or dragging plastics across bare lake and river bottoms when subtlety is essential. It's available in six sizes from 1/8 ounce through 3/4 ounce. The flipping weight is slightly wider, and excels when flipped or pitched into heavy cover - it goes in and comes out easily. The flipping weight comes in six sizes from 3/8 ounce to 1 1/4 ounce. Finally, the punch weight will penetrate thick overhead canopies that resist other shapes. It's bulbous at the front, creating a weight-forward design that builds inertia when it first contacts likely bass-holding cover. That means the lure will enter cleanly and relatively quietly, inviting even the wariest bass to strike in reaction. These start at 3/4 ounce, and are also available in 1, 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 ounce sizes. These are the true beasts of the mat-punching world. They are also durable, so they'll save money in the long run - all while putting more bass in the boat.