Shimano SpeedMaster II 2-Speed Lever Drag Conventional Reels
- The Shimano SpeedMaster II are a series of 2-speed lever drag conventional reels designed for serious saltwater anglers looking for maximum value from their tackle.
- High maximum drag power and a smooth, ultra-wide range of drag adjustability.
- CoreProtect, E.I., and S A-RB anti-corrosion and water resistance technologies keep the reel in top performance condition.
- Spare drag cam included for optimized use with monofilament lines.
- Ultra-rigid Hagane body prevents the misalignment of moving parts under heavy loads.
- Available in 12, 16, 20, and 25 sizes, all models are Right Hand retrieve.
The Shimano SpeedMaster II are a series of 2-speed lever drag conventional reels designed for serious saltwater anglers looking for maximum value from their tackle. These 2-speed lever drag reels feature the same sleek and functional design coupled with unrelenting power that offshore saltwater anglers have come to expect from the Talica and Tiagra lines of Shimano conventional reels, at a more attainable price point in between that of the aforementioned high-end series and the entry-level Triton/TLD series.
And while the SpeedMaster II was designed with value in mind, this is hardly a "cheap" feeling reel that is susceptible to being overworked by trophy fish. The rigid Hagane Body prevents the misalignment of moving parts under the heaviest of loads, giving the SpeedMaster II the strength to handle anything from tough pelagic species to bottom-dwelling heavyweights.
Whether you are trolling, chunking, live-lining, or jigging, the SpeedMaster II has the wide adjustable drag and high torque power you can rely on to come out on top. Included is a spare drag lever for adjusting the drag curve for optimal use with monofilament lines, giving the SpeedMaster II a less aggressive drag curve that is ideal for targeting tournament billfish species like sailfish and white marlin.
Available in 12, 16, 20, and 25 sizes, all models are Right Hand retrieve.