- The Shimano Sustain FI Saltwater Spinning Reel is an ICAST Award Winning saltwater-optimized inshore spinning reel.
- HAGANE gear and body for superb frame rigidity that holds up to even the most aggressive of fish without compromising its lightweight properties.
- Magnumlite Rotor for improved casting and decreased weight.
- Proprietary X-Protect water-repellent finish and water-diverting labyrinth structure.
- X-Ship Technology, G-Free Body, AR-C Spool, Cross Carbon Drag, S A-RB, and One-Piece Bail Wire.
A favorite of knowledgeable inshore fishing guides and enthusiasts everywhere, the Shimano Sustain FI Saltwater Spinning Reels are an ICAST Award Winning series of saltwater optimized spinning reels from Shimano. They feature Shimano's proprietary HAGANE gear and body for superb frame rigidity that holds up to even the most aggressive of fish without compromising its lightweight properties.
The Sustain's new (as of 2017) Magnumlite Rotor weighs less and provides increased casting distance when compared with previous models and provides better balance and easier start-up and halt during retrieve. The reel's X-Protect technology also exhibits top-level water resistance with its unique water-repellent finish and water-diverting labyrinth structure. The Shimano Sustain FI Saltwater Spinning Reels also feature X-Ship Technology for more durability and smooth performance; G-Free Body to re-orient center of gravity to enhance comfort; AR-C Spool with a V-shaped spool lip for farther and more accurate casting; Cross Carbon Drag; S A-RB to protect bearings from sand and salt; and One-Piece Bail Wire.Models and Specifications
|Model||Retrieve||Gear Ratio||Weight (ounces)||Bearings||Line Cap. (Test/Yd.)|
|SUS2500HGFI||Right/Left||6.0:1||7.9||8BB + 1RB||6/200 or 8/140|
|SUS3000HGFI||Right/Left||6.0:1||8.3||8BB + 1RB||6/230 or 8/170|
|SUS4000XGFI||Right/Left||6.2:1||10.1||8BB + 1RB||8/240 or 10/200|
CA Proposition 65 WARNING