- The Shimano SLX Baitcasting Reel is a casting reel perfect for tackling a wide range of the most popular bass tournament techniques.
- 4-bearing system with 1 reverse bearing, with a maximum 12 lbs of drag.
- Variable Brake Adjustment (VBS) system that significantly reduces backlashes.
- 20% more compact than the Shimano Caenon, while maintaining the same line capacity.
- Available in 6.3:1, 7.2:1, and 8.2:1 Gear Ratios in both Left and Right Hand retrieve.
The Shimano SLX Baitcasting Reels are Shimano's new casting reel offering in the North American market. With a price point just shy of triple digits, a list of advanced technologies and features that are bound to pique your curiosity, and a clean-cut, sleek exterior finish, the SLX is surely a reel Shimano's competitors are cowering in fear of this season.
A true workhorse offered in all the most important bass fishing gear ratios (6.3:1, 7.2:1, and 8.2:1), the Shimano SLX Baitcasting Reel is capable of a wide range of bass fishing techniques, from flippin' and froggin', to deep crankin' and drop shottin'. It has a 4-bearing system with 1 reverse bearing and a maximum of 12 lbs drag. It also boasts the magnetic Variable Brake Adjustment (VBS) system that virtually eliminates backlashes. Top top it all off it's got Shimano's Hagane body for strong performance without any tilting or warping despite a lightweight body. Available in 6.3:1, 7.2:1, and 8.2:1 gear ratios in both Left and Right Hand retrieve.Models and Specifications
|Model||Retrieve||Gear Ratio||Weight (ounces)||Bearings||Line Cap. (Test/Yd.)|
|SLX150||Right||6.3:1||6.9||3BB + 1RB||12/110 or 14/90|
|SLX150HG||Right||7.2:1||6.9||3BB + 1RB||12/110 or 14/90|
|SLX150XG||Right||8.2:1||6.9||3BB + 1RB||12/110 or 14/90|
|SLX151||Left||6.3:1||6.9||3BB + 1RB||12/110 or 14/90|
|SLX151HG||Left||7.2:1||6.9||3BB + 1RB||12/110 or 14/90|
|SLX151XG||Left||8.2:1||6.9||3BB + 1RB||12/110 or 14/90|
CA Proposition 65 WARNING