Shimano Metanium DC Baitcasting Reels
- The Shimano Metanium DC Baitcasting Reel is an ultra-high-performance, digitally controlled, low-profile baitcasting reel.
- 10-bearing drag system (9BB + 1RB) with a maximum of 11 pounds of drag.
- Digital Control braking system that utilizes a microcomputer to monitor spool speed 1,000 times per second; eliminates backlash, increases casting distance.
- Hagane Body for a strong, lightweight frame that does not tilt or warp.
- Micro-Module Gearing, I-DC5, X-Ship, and S3D.
- Available in 7.4:1 and 8.5:1 gear ratios in both Right and Left Hand retrieve.
In life, there are men and there are gods. In fishing, there are fishing reels, and then there's the Shimano Metanium DC.
Yes, it's just a fishing reel, but just like it would be an insult to say a Ferrari or classic Corvette is just a car, Shozaburo Shimano would likely be rolling in his grave if he heard the Metanium DC referred to as just a fishing reel - this thing is divine.
Jam-packed with Shimano's latest technologies, the Shimano Metanium DC Baitcasting Reel combines tournament-grade versatility, high-performance gearing, and intelligent electronics in a lightweight package. It has a 10-bearing drag system (9BB + 1RB) with a maximum of 11 pounds of drag. It also boasts the Digital Control braking system that utilizes a microcomputer to monitor spool speed 1,000 times every second and precisely apply the perfect amount of pressure, so you can cast a country mile and never have to worry about backlash. There is even an internal setting for line type, so the microcomputer chip can optimize the reel for braided, fluorocarbon, and monofilament lines.
Additionally, its Hagane body exhibits strong performance and does not tilt or warp despite its light weight. And to top it all off, the Metanium DC is fortified with Shimano's newest set of reel technologies: X-Ship technology for more smoothness and durability, MicroModule Gearing to ensure frictionless gyration, and S3D for consistent spool control and brake force.
Available in 7.4:1 and 8.5:1 gear ratios in both Right and Left Hand retrieve.