- The Shimano Exsence Spinning Reel is a high-performance spinning reel that excels at both bass finesse fishing and light inshore applications.
- MicroModule Gearing to ensure smooth gyration and 20 - 24 pounds of maximum drag.
- Magnumlight Rotor with 22% less inertia and better balance.
- X-Protect for a top-level corrosion resistance thanks to its water-repellent finish and water-diverting labyrinth structure.
- Saltwater safe HAGANE Gear and Body, X-Ship Technology, G-Free Body, S A-RB, and Ci4+.
Sometimes referred to as the "Dark Knight Stella," the Shimano Exsence is a high-performance spinning reel that employs many of the same design features as the legendary Stella series of spinning reels in a more rugged and affordable package. An absolutely stellar reel for bass finesse fishing, the Exsence offers a unique combination of extreme sensitivity and raw power thanks to its MicroModule gearing and 20 - 24 pounds of maximum drag. This already buttery smooth performance is then further enhanced by Shimano's proprietary HAGANE gearing and body and Magnumlite rotor spool, the latter of which also helps increase casting distance up to 22% over traditional aluminum spools.
The Exsence doesn't shy away from inshore saltwater action either. Unlike most magnesium frame reels, the Exsence is saltwater safe thanks to a combination of its HAGANE body and X-Protect, a suite of corrosion resistant features that includes a proprietary water-repellent coating and a unique water channeling labyrinth structure. Additionally, the Exsence is rounded out with an impressive list of Shimano technologies, including: X-Ship Technology for more durability and smooth performance; G-Free Body to re-orient center of gravity and enhance comfort; S A-RB to protect salt and sand from entering the frame and damaging gears, and CI4+ for the ultimate lightweight performance.
Overall, if you're an inshore angler looking to treat themselves or a bass angler lookin' to finesse some monster bites - this is the reel for you!
Models and Specifications
|Model||Retrieve||Gear Ratio||Weight (ounces)||Bearings||Line Cap. (Test/Yd.)|
|EXSC3000MHG||Right/Left||6.0:1||7.1||11BB + 1RB||8/110|
|EXS4000MXG||Right/Left||6.2:1||8.6||11BB + 1RB||8/130|
CA Proposition 65 WARNING