Want to know when this is available? Sign up for our in-stock alert.
- The Shimano Bantam 150 MGL Baitcasting Reel is an updated version of Shimano's first series of baitcasting reels.
- 8-bearing drag system (7BB + 1RB) with a maximum of 11 lbs of drag.
- Magnumlite Spool to reduce spool inertia and to improve casting distance by up to 20%.
- Coresolid and Hagane Body for a strong, lightweight frame.
- Cross Carbon Drag, MicroModule Gearing, Silent Tune, X-Ship, and S3D.
- Available in 6.2:1, 7.1:1, and 8.1:1 gear ratio models in both Right and Left Hand retrieve.
The reel that started it all: the Bantam Series Baitcaster.
Over 35 years ago Shimano introduced North American anglers to the Bantam 100, a first-of-its-kind, ultra-lightweight precision casting reel geared towards bass anglers. Anglers quickly recognized the Bantam for its unparalleled attention to detail and unmatched durability. In fact, the Bantam was practically a classic in the bass fishing world before the first angler could even cash a tourney check using one. Now you can get in on this legendary series of Shimano reels with the Bantam 150 MGL, an updated remaster of the classic Bantam baitcaster that adds all the advanced technologies modern anglers expect without sacrificing any of the build quality that made the Bantam so popular in the first place.
Just like the original, the Bantam is built around a one-piece, cold-forged aluminum frame. This ultra-rigid frame allows for ridiculous amounts of sensitivity for a casting reel and ensures season-after-season reliability. It features an 8-bearing drag system (7BB + 1RB) with a maximum of 11 lbs of drag and its Magnumlite Spool reduces spool inertia which in turn extends casting distance and makes pitching and flipping a breeze, even with small baits and lures. Additionally, its laundry list of modern technologies include: MicroModule Gearing to ensure frictionless gyration, X-Ship technology for smoothness and durability, Silent Tune for reduced vibration of the bearings during high-speed rotation, and the SVS Infinity braking system for fine-tuning.
All-in-all, this reel's got low-profile baitcaster finesse with round baitcaster durability. Grab one ASAP and get in on the legacy that started it all.
The Bantam MGL 150 is available in 6.2:1, 7.1:1, and 8.1:1 gear ratio models in both Left and Right Hand retrieve.
CA Proposition 65 WARNING