Want to know when this is available? Sign up for our in-stock alert.
- The Bill Lewis Rat-L-Trap is the classic lipless crankbait, famous for its ability to cover a lot of water.
- Best known for ripping through shallow grass beds for bass waiting in ambush.
- Loud rattles and flashy shad profile with super-tight wiggling action garners lots of attention.
- Can be fished in a variety of ways, from shallow to deep, fresh or saltwater.
- Available in 9 proven fish-catching colors.
The Bill Lewis Rat-L-Trap is THE original lipless crankbait. First developed by Bill Lewis himself in the late 1960s, the Rat-L-Trap is a 3 inch, 1/2 ounce shad profile lure that has seen extensive use by anglers all over the world for over 50 years! The secret to its success? These things are easy to use and flat out catch fish at a variety of depths.
These Chrome Series Rat-L-Traps work particularly well as a searchbait because the flash of their finish combined with the internal rattles creates an easy-to-track profile for predators to hunt. When fishing unfamiliar waters, it never hurts to throw out a brightly colored Rat-L-Trap and covering water to find out where the bite is. There's a decent spread of realistic baitfish color schemes within this series that can help you "match the hatch" and put fish in the boat too. Fishing deep water? Shallow water? The Rat-L-Trap works great in both. Fish 'em slow in the shallows with a simple cast-and-crank technique or let them sink to the bottom and burn 'em back across deep structure to create tons of bite-enticing deflections.
Overall, the Rat-L-Trap is a time-tested lure that deserves a spot in every anglers tackle box. Its low-frequency knocking pitch accompanied by its tight wiggling action and shad profile flash are a simple recipe to get you bit. Fish it in saltwater or freshwater and choose among a range of fish-catching colors to suit your needs.
CA Proposition 65 WARNING