- The Daiwa Procyon AL LT is a new aluminum frame version of the Procyon LT spinning reel.
- Aluminum construction exhibits less body and frame flex, providing improved support for the gears and bearings which in turn increases torque, power, and longevity.
- Advanced Tournament Drag (ATD) for optimized drag start-up upon hook set and overall improved fish-fighting capabilities.
- Rigid and durable Air Rotor and thick, tubular bail that's sturdy and easy to flip on and off.
- Available in reel sizes ranging from 2000 to 4000.
The Daiwa Procyon AL LT is a new aluminum frame version of the Procyon LT spinning reel. Incredibly versatile, the Procyon AL LT is designed to handle everything from sea trout, redfish, and snook in saltwater, to bass, walleye, and trout in freshwater. The Procyon AL LT boats a long list of great features. First and foremost, the reel's aluminum frame diminishes body and frame flex, which in turn provides better support for the gears and bearings so they can put out more torque and have a longer lifespan. Upon picking up the Procyon AL LT, anglers will be quick to notice that the aluminum body of the Procyon AL is incredibly lightweight.
The Procyon AL also features an air rotor engineered to be very rigid, especially at high drag pressures with little flex. The new reels also showcase a tubular air bail that reduces weight and offers more rigidity than standard wire, so you get less flex and bending or breaking. The tubular air bail is also manufactured with thicker material that's sturdy and easy to flip on and off.
Another element of the series is the use of Daiwa's Digigear technology, which involves digitally cut gears that reduce weight and provide improved gear meshing for increased smoothness and gear wear. Anglers will also find Daiwa's distinctive Advanced Tournament Drag (ATD) a benefit for setting the hook and fighting fish. When you set the hook, the reel instantly adds drag resistance, and then as the fish starts pulling drag, the ATD drag curve automatically returns to your prescribed setting.
Available in reel sizes ranging from 2000 to 4000.